The UIB is one of the country’s leading universities in teaching, research, international cooperation and technological development and innovation. The UIB is a time-honoured member of prominent international university networks, it has attracted countless students from abroad and successfully joined the European Space for Higher Education. It is a university committed to building the Euro-pean Union, and an institution that aspires to become a motor of economic growth and wellbeing for the people.
The UIB has made research its fundamental objective. To achieve these objectives, it has excellent researchers and high quality research facilities that let them work with a high quality level.
The research in the UIB is financed by own funds (with the Research promotion program), european funds (including FEDER), national funds (R+D+i State Plans), autonomical funds (Balearic Science and Tecnhlogy Plans) as well as other institutions funds, achieved all by his researchers in competitive calls.
In this framework, a research group GICAFE (UIB) has been created in the field of science of physical activity and sport, currently working the following lines of research:
· Promotion of healthy lifestyles.
· Values in sport
· School interventions for health promotion.
· Health, welfare and satisfaction of needs throughout the career (R+D).
· Introduce psychological training applications for the use of effective strategies in young ath-letes.
This continuous and collaborative effort has allowed the UIB to achieve great prestige as a research organization, at a national and international level. In fact, UIB has experience as partner in three Erasmus+ Sport projects and one we are coordinators Elit-in:
· 2016-2018. PsyTool “Sport Psychology as a strategic tool for prevention and training on grassroots sports” (Application Nr.: 567199-EPP-1-2015-2-ES-SPO-SCP), a collaborative part-nership that allows a group of stakeholders from different sport backgrounds to collaborate in the establishment of a network to take full advantage from the implementation of the Sport Psychology as a strategic tool to promote integrity and to tackle violence, discrimina-tion, intolerance and match-fixing among young practitioners of grassroots sports.
· 2018-2020. ELIT-in “Integration of elite athletes into the labour market through the valoriza-tion of their transversal competences” (590520-EPP-1-2017-1-ES-SPO-SCP), a collaborative partnership aimed to put a new light on the promotion of dual careers, helping to elite ath-letes to integrate into the labour market once they retire through the recognition and put in value of transversal competences acquired throughout their careers.
· 2018-2020. EYVOL “Empowering Youth Volunteers through Sport in the Mediterranean Re-gion” (603159-EPP-1- 2018-1-EL-SPO-SCP), a partnership of stakeholders from youth, educa-tional and sport backgrounds aimed to develop and implement innovative educational methods based on sport to train youth volunteers.
· 2020-2022. SIDFOOT “ Community football drivers for social in inclusion in deprived dis-tricts”.613047-EPP-1-2019-1-ES-SPO-SCP. Ghildren and young people from the most vulnera-ble neighborhoods will be motivated to move, play and adapt to a healthy lifestyle.
Website link: https://www.uib.es/es/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/UniversitatUIB/