CEIPES – International Centre for the Promotion of Education and Development is an International non-profit association founded in Palermo in 2007 and with antennas in other 8 European countries.
Vision and mission
We believe that education and development are fundamental values to achieve peace and dignity for all human beings. Each individual and community has the potential to fulfill its rights. CEIPES acts as a facilitator for activating the community, through an educational approach in order to create and transform energy and resources. This process is necessary for both individual and social development.
The mission of CEIPES is to foster and support the sustainable development of local communities and individuals’ empowerment through education and training, human rights and international cooperation.
- To promote non formal education as a fundamental tool in the education of youth and adults and as complementary to formal education.
- To promote personal and community development through learning mobility.
- To create new innovative tools and methodologies to develop useful strategies in the field of education through cooperation with public and private entities at local and international level.
- To promote study, research and innovation, both methodological and technological, with the aim of giving scientific support to the specific activities carried out by our association.
- To encourage intercultural dialogue with the objective of fostering mutual understanding and respect between individuals from different cultures.
- To promote peace, nonviolence and human rights as a fundamental tool reach a world of equality and solidarity in which all human beings can access to their fundamental rights.
The main topics we are addressing at the moment are:
● ICT innovation and STEAM
● Health, Food, Sport and Outdoor Education
● Special Educational Needs (SEN)
● Local development and social inclusion
● Human rights Education and raising awareness, advocacy and anti – discrimination
● Art, Culture and Creativity
● Sustainability, Environment and Climate Change
● Capacity building of third sector organizations, educational institutes and public sector
Our activities, depending on the area of intervention, are addressed to: young people, adults, migrants, disadvantaged youth and NEET, women, educators, teachers and students, members of public institutions, unemployees.
Web page and Social account:
Website link: https://ceipes.org/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CEIPES/